Textual Arachne

A weaver of threads.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Summary of the ProgFaithBlogCon

The summary of the convention which I wrote for the Pluralism Project is available!

As you can see here, I left it fairly simple: a summary of the workshops, pulled from my notes and others, with a brief 'what are blogs?' and a short 'where do we go now?' section. Lots and lots of links, though I barely scratched the surface in many ways.

Some other reports that might interest you:
Minority faith involvement in the 2006 debates
Chicago's diversity training for police
Women in US Buddhism
And a collection of articles on the VA Pentacle debate.

(Also, if I've gotten something wrong in the article, please let me know and I'll fix it right away!)

1 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked your write up on the Pluralism project, however, I would like to see you write about the Con from the Pagan slant, using your Pagan identity to write about the variety of traditions and how you felt as a Pagan being surrounded by Abramhamic progressive* peoples.

What I've read by you about the Con has been very academic and lacks your spiritual voice.

*I know not everyone identifies as progressive, but I used the term because that's what the Con was called.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home