Textual Arachne

A weaver of threads.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I looked up and I was surrounded by giants.

When I attended the ProgFaithBlog Con, I wasn't really a blogger. Two weeks worth of posting does not make one. So when I was supposed to give a talk about the Pagan blogosphere, I didn't really know what to say. I named a few that I'd encountered, pointed people toward Witchvox and Circle Sanctuary. The discussion ended up being about Paganism in general anyway, so I didn't feel too bad.

Now that I've gotten a little time to start browsing the blogworld, I've encountered some amazing, articulate, thoughtful Pagan blogs that I wanted to share.

First is Niobium, who was the first Pagan to comment here and whose blog inspires me with its creativity and honesty.

Next is Chas Clifton's Letter from Hardscrabble Creek.

Next is A Pagan Sojourn. I especially like the "Pagan Misconception" posts, 1-5 so far.

Finally is the Wild Hunt.

And this is just a tiny bit of what I've encountered.

Part of me is just going OoooOOOOooo over all this fascinating, intelligent writing; a tiny bit is intimidated to be writing alongside them, but I say a profound humbug to that tiny bit.

Given that I started this blog roughly six weeks ago, I don't feel too bad about being clumsy with my interface. I hope to have the bars customized enough to show links to these blogs (as well as start using a blog aggregator, put RDN headlines from my workplace on the site, and generally make the site more useful to me and any passers-by) in the next few weeks.

3 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Blogger S. Nichole said...

Thanks for the link (and the compliment)!

You said:

a tiny bit is intimidated to be writing alongside them, but I say a profound humbug to that tiny bit.

Keep saying 'humbug' to that bit and keep writing! I enjoy your blog and look forward to your future posts.

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A day late and a dollar short, such as my life...

Thanks so much for the link and the kudos. When I first read your page, and heard about your creditials, I was intimated to be blogging alongside you. You're so well written and I never think I am (but isn't that the writers curse?) and convey your point so well.

Welcome to bloggersville. Just don't get addicted, like me =P

 
At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always glad to have another intelligent voice added to the Pagan blogosphere. Thank you for the kind words and for linking to my site.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home